Friday, January 2, 2009

Trumpet of the Swan

With this book I had to not talk for an hour. Mom made me not talk for one hour because Louis can't trumpet. She wanted me to feel what Louis feels. It was really hard because I couldn't tell anyone anything. I also had to write my own newspaper article. I had to do this because there was a newspaper article in a chapter about how Louis' Dad stole the trumpet from a music store. My article was about a dog biting a kid.
If you read this book I'm telling you it's a awesome book. Louis is a baby Trumpeter Swan and he can't trumpet so, his dad stole a trumpet from a music store and Louis is learning a few notes.

P.S.Happy New year!

3 comments:

Joannof10 said...

This was one of our favorite books!!

The Parenti Family said...

We loved this book.. what do you think about Louis' Dad having to steal the trumpet??
How did you like the "Kaya" book? Right now we're reading the Kirstin collection. Sarah's Nana got the set for her for Christmas. It's a good one too. We are reading it together because we both loved the "Little House" series so much and both collections take place in the same time period. WE LOVE BOOKS!! ;)
Happy reading!
love,
Jenny and Sarah

Grandma and Grandpa H. said...

Hi Georgia,
This sounds like a great book and book report. Do lots of reading. Tell Josie and Emmie we said "hello". Keep warm and have fun watching all that snow falling. We love the Barton Family!!!